IELTS Speaking Part 2: ideas for last week's topic
Last Friday I asked you to think about the topic below.
Describe a time when you saved up some money to buy something special.
Here are some ideas from one of my video lessons (speaking lesson 5 on this webpage). In the lesson I describe a 'smartwatch' and suggest the following vocabulary 'themes':Electronic watch 'features' theme
- synchronise with phone / computer
- contacts, photos, emails
- store music
- receive notifications
- search the web
- it responds to voice commands
- make ‘contactless’ purchases
- track exercise goals
- fashion accessoryElectronic watch 'useful' theme
- various features and functions
- organise my life
- work, appointments, social life
- check calendar at a glance
- set reminders and notifications
- practical, functional, convenient
- the ultimate in portable devices
- instant access to…
- couldn’t live without itI'm sure you could use some of this vocabulary to describe "something special that you saved money to buy".